Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hoxton

Found out yesterday that Marcus Foster is doing a show at Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen in april, I'm thinking about going. Me and Yo were in London last october and saw Bobby Long preform, crazy day.

First we got to London so late that we missed the last bus that could take us to our friend Ayat (whom we were living at). My phone didn't work, and Yo left hers at home (smartass!).. So we were stranded at a London airport with no phone and no clue of where to go. We took the first bus the morning after and managed to get ahold of Ayat through one of those cool red payphones (they smell horrible though..). We slept for a few hours and then decided to take the bus down to oxford street before the show, to find a banksy shop that Yo hade read about. After walking for what felt like forever we found it, a small mf bagelbar (with a banksy tag next to it). We started walking back and got lost.. took a while but we finally found our way back. We stopped at a store to buy some food so we could eat something before the show. We arrived to ayats place, she lives in a student accomodation so there's first a gate, then a big door, then another door before you reach the door to the room, but we didn't have a card and couldn't get ahold of Ayat... oh, yeah, we had an hour until the show started. We hadn't showered, eaten and we had big bags of food with us... We got in to the building but still couldn't reach the hallway to the room. But then we met Ayats friend who took our bags so we atleast didn't have to take them with us to the show. We got to Hoxton (nervous cause I didn't know if we could get in). They started to let people in, when it was our turn I said my name (booked tickets). They'd lost our reservation but because we were there so early they had a few tickets left. We stood just infront of the stage for almost four hours!
I'll just say that my brain didn't work as it usually does when I after the show met Bobby.. I made a complete fool out of myself..

Hopefully I won't do the same thing with Marcus (if I go).

at the airport

london calling

it smelled so bad!

Bobby
x

No comments:

Post a Comment